May 30th: Cailee Graduates
Mineola High School
Class of '08

Where has 18 years gone? Seriously...I remember the day Cailee was born. No...I remember the day we found out that Mom and Dad were pregnant again. I was 9 years old, and they took us to the Botanic Gardens in Ft. Worth where they were married. We had been there a million times, and each time they would point out the spot they were married. Well...this time was no different...until they said, "We never dreamed 15 years ago that we would be standing here with 4 children." After some quick math, we realized that there was another baby on the way. Cailee...I am sorry to tell you this...but at first I was NOT excited. I was completely disgusted by the fact that Mom and Dad had "done it" in their old age. (They were 34...gross!) :)
Cailee...I have had the privilege of watching you grow into the most incredible 18 year old I have ever known. You are absolutely gorgeous on the inside...and just as gorgeous on the outside. I am so proud to call you my sister. I cannot wait to see what is in your future...and I am so excited to hear all about your days to come at ACU!! 

May 31st: Canton Trade Days (Who is really trading? I always just end up spending!)

At any rate...we had a great time. Really...it was one of the best Canton trips I have had in a LONG time! Let it be noted that the idea of "Craft Camp" was born this weekend. This summer we are planning on having a craft day...maybe once a month...to complete jobs that we have started and not finished...or just to do a craft together.

Our first Craft Camp project: the layered cross. They are EVERYWHERE at Canton...and we are going to make some cuter than any of those! I can't wait!!
June 1st: The First Swim of 2008
On Sunday afternoon we decided to take a quick dip in the pool before driving back home. Really...I wanted to get a picture of this bathing beauty...
but the water was perfect and we ended up swimming for a while. My shoulders paid the price later...but as you can see...we had so much fun! 


June 4th: Avery's First Ranger Game
Cailee celebrated her 18th birthday at the Ranger Game last Wednesday. We used the suite that belongs to Ron's company. I can't say I watched much of the game...it wasn't a very good game...and there was the food and cute kids that were distracting me! Here are some pictures...
The birthday girl...
My big boy...
Look at how little Braden was at his FIRST baseball game...(compared to now anyway)

The first timer club...

This is how Avery spent a good part of the game.

But when she woke up and was asked, "Avery, what do you think about baseball games?" This was her reply.

June 5th: Last Day of School (with kids)
June 6th: Last Day of School (just teachers)
I say "Hallelujah" to those!! YEA FOR SUMMER!!!
June 7th: Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties
Adam's sister, Sally, is getting married in THREE WEEKS!!! We are so so so excited for them and can't wait for the big day. We went to Hallettsville this weekend to celebrate with them. We had a great time...but unfortunately my camera died as soon as I turned it on. Hopefully I will get some shared ones!
My favorite part of the night...the "Your Life as a Bridesmaid" fashion show. Sally has been a bridesmaid in 14 weddings. They had 12 of the 14 dresses walked in, as Jennifer (her cousin, bridesmaid, and best friend) narrated when each wedding was and a little story from each one. It was so neat to see the journey that Sally has been on. Great idea Jen and Angie!!
June 9th: Returning Home
We had the luxury of staying through Monday, since we are both done with school (did I already mention that??) We spent the morning relaxing. Braden helped Grandpa and Daddy outside for a little while. We even got to play in the covered wagon for a little while...and then Grandpa hooked the tractor up and we got a little ride. Braden loved driving it!




And...the grand finale...look at what my baby girl is doing these days. I couldn't pick my favorite video...so I am putting 2 on here.
This was her reaction to me holding the camera. Obviously I needed to put it down to catch some action...
So I put the camera down...and here is what she did...
So I put the camera down...and here is what she did...
**disclaimer**...they are kinda long...but really cute!
Check out those arms!! Someone take the rubber bands off that poor baby :)
Pure sweetness!
Thanks for reading through the ENTIRE post (or for at least glancing at the pictures all the way through.) I know how it is...
I do apologize for taking such a large chunk out of your day...but wasn't it worth it!?! I feel better now that I am completely caught up! Have a happy week. I probably won't be back in the next few days...so you can have time to read through it again :)





3 comments:
You had quite the week, as well! I love all of your new pictures of that sweet boy and adorable girl. I think she is looking a lot more like you!
I can't believe that she is already scooting around! She's gifted:)
Oh yeah, and I love Braden saying, "HI, Braden." That boy is TOO cute!!
I LOVE THE VIDEOS!! It actually makes me feel like I am seeing them in person!! Braden is talking SO GOOD!!! I miss ya Cort!
dana
How is Callee a graduate? She is so grown up. I just can't believe it. man, time does fly.
Post a Comment