Friday, August 08, 2008

When it's too hot to play outside...

What do you do? I am going crazy trying to keep Braden occupied with anything but TV.




This morning we made pancakes from scratch (which turned out a little too flour-y) but he gobbled them up. (Enough syrup can cover anything!)

Then we got the butcher paper out and drew circles (the shape he does best!) and squares and triangles, practiced writing "B" for Braden, named our colors...etc....but that only lasts so long.

Now...here I am blogging while he is watching a Ti-vo'd Sesame Street (at least it is educational??)

Have you ever been to Going Bonkers? We are actually having my neice's birthday party there this weekend. I think it would be a GREAT idea to build one of those down here in my area. They could be BANKING right now with such a huge indoor playground!


Okay...give me some ideas for my last week of summer...





Here is a catch-up of all I haven't blogged on this summer...


Sister Craft Day #1


Earlier this summer the idea of "Craft Day" was born. Originally it was decided that we would have one at each of our houses, and we would help finish little projects that needed to be done. We also had our fun crosses to finish. We visited Hobby Lobby for quite a while...then came home to give our creative minds some exercise. We had a great time designing in silence (to help Cassie think...)


I didn't get a finished picture of everyone's...but here are a couple of things I got done on Sister Craft Day...



The matting on the picture frames is done in the fabric that will be on my curtains in the breakfast nook...when they are finished :) My cross...




Braden's (& Avery's) 1st Movie

We took Braden and Avery to see Space Chimps, or "Monkey Moobie" if you ask Braden. He had never sat through a movie in the movie theater, so we were interested to see how he would do. We got popcorn, drinks, and candy and found our seats. Unfortunately, Braden did not want the popcorn. WHAT? That was our plan to get him to sit still :) Fortunately, he did great without the popcorn! He even laughed at the funny parts...I think he liked it! Avery did great too. She slept through most of it, but when she was awake, was amazed at the giant TV!


Aunt Sally's Visit
Adam's sister, Sally, was in town for a teacher conference in July. We met her in the West End for dinner one night, and then headed over to the Fountain Place building so Braden could see the fountains. He saw them all right...

He started a little cautious...looking from a distance...

Then Aunt Sally and Daddy touched it...so it must be okay...



so Braden touched it...



Then the game began...run through the fountain and don't get hit by the water...





A perfect run...


A not so perfect run... for Braden anyway :) We had so much fun and laughed so hard!

Okay...there is more...but I am logging off for now. I'll be back soon with more!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love Sister Craft day! SO fun!

Your kids are precious and growing, growing, growing. I love to see them!