The reality is this...I am swamped! My mom always told the story of the duck that LOOKS like they are just floating, but they are paddling with all their might below the surface. Such is my life right now. Have you ever felt like everything is a mess? That is how I felt last week. My house, my car, my classroom...myself :) I cried last Monday morning getting ready for work. All morning. The tears continued when I got to school. I have just been exhausted.
*Football season ended this past weekend for us. Adam's team made it 2 rounds into the play-offs, and now we get a break!
*I get this entire week off...for rest, relaxation, laundry, and loving on my babies!!!!!
*I am getting a pedicure this week!
*I get to see my family this week!
*I am already counting down the days until the parade on Friday. Silly, maybe...but tradition, definitely!
*Trip to the Dallas World Aquarium tomorrow with Chelsea and her kids. I think Braden is going to love it!
And of course...how could this NOT brighten your day??
Braden's picture of smiling mommy...

Mommy's picture of smiling Braden...
Braden's picture of silly Mommy
Mommy's picture of silly Braden...
Braden's picture of monkey Mommy...
Mommy's picture of monkey Braden...
Braden's idea...cow Braden
And cow Mommy...(we were saying "moo")
Avery now says "hi" and waves at the same time. It is so cute...but of course she won't perform for the camera. Here was an attempt (hence me saying "hi" a million times!)
And in this one she shows off her dancing skills!
And last...here is Braden working on his memory verses for church. A precious woman at church started a program called WILD for the Word. The kids are given a book of memory verses for their age, and they earn points for saying their verses after church to Ms. Jane. They can then buy stuff at the store with their points. The first verse for preschool is John 11:35..."Jesus Wept" and the 2nd is Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Here is Braden's version :)




9 comments:
I love your kids. I love Avery's "hi's" and I love Braden's sweet voice and words. Thanks for updating...even though I get to see them a lot, I still can't get enough!
Cortni! I love the pictures of you and Braden! SOO cute! :D I love you and miss you...umm why haven't we talked in like...forever?!
Cortni, thank you so much! I was teary eyed because I miss you guys, you made me laugh, and your kids are just so darn cute. Hugs and kisses!
Aunt Sally
YAY for Henke updates! I get to see them too, but it's so fun to see pictures and video of two of my favorite kids. :) I know it's been a crazy few weeks for you, and I hope this week is a great breather and restful time for you and Adam both!! LOVE YOU so much!
Hi Cortni!
About time! Just kiddin'! Good to see an update and good to see a comment from you on my blog. One good thing about you going so long without updating, is that when you do finally update, it's a monster of a post with lots of pics!:)Which by the way, the pictures and videos are PRECIOUS!I understand the hustle and bustle of being a wife, a mother, going to work, keeping up with the house...LIFE!It's gets overwhelming sometimes! Hopefully this Thanksgiving break is just what you need! Take care!
Glad to see you back! I know things get "crazy" but isn't it fun. The kids are just precious. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and a relaxing break, maybe :)
Bless your heart. I love that duck story...I will have to use that analogy sometime. Hope your week was relaxing.
I hope you had a great week with your kiddos last week! I have to tell you that I feel the same way at time with working full-time and coming home to my family in the evenings. It's good to know I'm not the only one.
I love your pictures! I haven't watched the videos yet. I have never heard the duck floating analogy, but I can certainly relate! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment