Sunday, February 15, 2009

Oh, Brother!

I never had a brother. I heard other girls talk about their brothers, and honestly was glad I had sisters (and still am :) ) So...raising a brother is an interesting journey. I am constantly talking to him about how it is his job to protect her. To make her happy. To share with her. To be kind and nice and sweet.

Here is how that is working out for me...


Yes...that is Avery "trapped" in the laundry basket. He kept telling me, "I want to trap her in here." I give up :) This is what follows...

First Response...
But after a few minutes...


And then...full out drama!!


So there you have it. A brother is a brother is a brother.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

That is hilarious...and a little sad. Ashley can tell all about the drama of having brothers...so sorry we missed the party yesterday, I hope that it was a blast.

Cassie said...

That's HILARIOUS! I love how proud Braden is of trapping his sweet, innocent sister in the laundry basket...but then again, I've seen how Avery sneakily pesters Braden...so she kind of had it coming:)

I also LOVE Avery's dramatic cry...and flailing backwards like it's the worst thing that could have possibly happened...she's hilarious, too.

annalee said...

wow, what sweet brotherly love:)

Amy said...

It's funny how soon they learn they can use the laundry basket as a cage! You're little ones are adorable!

Dawn said...

Funny pictures! Your children are so precious. Duke and I both have enjoyed Braden's pictures over the past years. He has made us laugh on numerous occasions. It looks like Miss Avery will be following in his footsteps. Just a note...
I'm not sure it's so much "the brother" as it is the birth order.
I think older siblings delight in deviling the younger ones, sometimes just to hear them squeal.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud and my students wanted to know what my sudden outburst was about so I had to share the pics with a few of my students. They too, laughed. I feel Avery's pain. I think we will have a lot of bonding to do in the future. I often thought my brothers main purpose in life was to aggravate me (sometimes I still feel that is true). What's one to do...... Brothers.... you can hardly live with them but I could have definitely never of lived without 'em!

Hugs,
Sally

Michelle said...

Oh I hate to tell ya, but it's only the begining! Spoken from a girl with two brothers, who has two sons and a daughter!! I DO LOVE Avery's dramatic ways-total girl!

Jaimee Brown said...

Well, Im pretty sure Derick did this to me a time or two. :) She will find ways to get him back!