I love Memorial Day weekend for many reasons. We get to honor the men and women who fight for our country we get a day off of work AND...it means summer is coming!!!! This Memorial day meant PICNICKING, TRACTOR RIDING, GOAT CHASING, and DEER FEEDING!!! This is a LONG post...but how could I pack so much fun into a shorter one?
PICKNICKING
As we LOVE to do, we spent Memorial Day in Hallettsville with Adam's family. Every Memorial and Labor Day weekend they have the church picnic. It is such a fun day for the kids and adults...and we look forward to it every year!
Braden had a GREAT time, and did his part in contributing to the fundraising through his ticket purchases! He could not get enough of the big blow up games...
Head first. Nearly broke his neck, but stood up smiling.




and carnival games...

As soon as we drove into Hallettsville, Braden spotted Grandpa's tractor. He started asking almost immediately if he could go ride in the tractor. That boy and his John Deere...

Avery even got a chance behind the wheel!!

Goat Chasing
After we were done driving the tractor around, Grandma mentioned going to see some baby goats that they had out at Lander's. Mr. Landers has an exotic deer ranch in Hallettsville, and Grandpa feeds the animals because Mr. Landers doesn't actually live in H'ville. Of course, I am always up for seeing some cute babies, so we loaded the car and headed out. Braden fell in love right away...and off he went :)
And eventually, with a little coaching and assistance, there was success!!


The Landers also have a few small donkeys. Braden wanted to sit on one.

It actually started walking while he was holding on...and he just laughed and held on tighter.

Avery wasn't so sure about sitting on a donkey... 


DEER FEEDING
On our way out, we fed Mr. Landers' deer. There were some super cute babies, but they aren't quite as friendly and "catchable" as the goats (or you know I would have caught one of those too!) So...you will have to settle for pictures from a distance :)
These are just a few...the first to get to the food! None of the super cute babies made the photo. Their mommies were a little overprotective...












4 comments:
1. You know I love Braden's shorts. We still need to get a "boy cousin" picture with them matching...just to irritate Adam:)
2. Avery and that tan is OUT of CONTROL. Really, it's just not fair that a 16 month old can get a better tan than me. Tell her I don't appreciate her golden blonde hair and dark skin...it just makes the rest of us look bad:)
3. I love how Braden was concerned about getting the goat to it's food..."You have to eat you pood!" Classic "Big Brother Braden"
4. I like you updating more often. It never gets old seeing my sweet niece and nephew...ever.
YEAH for a Henke update!! I love seeing all the Hallettsville fun...and I'm still determined to come to one of the picnics someday. SUCH a fun weekend! I love all the pictures, and especially the baby goat chasing. :) Made me need to squeeze, as usual. Just a few more days until I get to see all of you all the time!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!
Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
So cute, and way to go Braden for catching a goat. That's a big achievement for such a little guy!
Post a Comment