Sunday, December 20, 2009

A blog a day...

...keeps the blog readers from going away!!

Seriously, I have lots of catching up to do. In fact, I have more catching up to do than is possible in one monster post (which I have been known to do in the past.) SO...I am going to attempt a blog a day. We'll see how long it lasts...but I have great intentions, so that HAS to count for something!!

So, friends,

You are cordially invited
to join me
on a trip down memory lane.

Our journey begins in October. I left you with a "sneak peek" of my knight and princess, but never gave you some of my favorite pictures of our Halloween celebrations. Now, truly the sneak peek was probably enough to satisfy you all, but for the sake of documentation for me and my children, I now give you,

Halloween 2009


Saturday morning, October 31st, we joined Cassie, Austin, and Caleb at the Dallas Arboretum for some trick or treating and pumpkin patch pictures. We got there a little early, so while we were
waiting I attempted some pumpkin pictures.

Braden really got into the posing thing...

But Avery...not so much...


Some of you may remember how RAINY October was...so the pumpkin patch was quite soggy. We settled for a few quick snapshots, and ran to drier ground!




After our trick-or-treating, we had a little costume change. We were hoping for some great fall pictures, but with naptime quickly approaching we didn't get much more than these...


Great pictures or not...we had a great morning with Caleb, Austin, and Cassie! It was a fun way to begin our Halloween day!

That evening we all gathered at Chelsea and Mark's house for the annual "breakfast for dinner." We ate, attempted a few cousin pictures, and headed out for some fun trick-or-treating with the cousins.

Caleb was an an adorable train conductor, and the girls were all from The Wizard of Oz. Kendyll was Glenda the Good Witch, Carlie was Dorothy, and Abby Kate was the Cowardly Lion.

Kendyll really got into character. She was Glenda the Good Witch, but her regal attire got her thinking she needed a knight to escort her. Braden ended up being the perfect escort :) He held her hand the entire time.
All the cousins (except Avery the slow-poke) ready to say "Trick or Treat."Here she comes!

We had a great night with the sisters and kids! Now, your sneak peek is officially the full view!

You are invited back tomorrow for:
Hallettsville Happenings
starring
Kennedy Jade Zappe





1 comment:

Michelle said...

Welcome back! Will be tuning in tomorrow!
Great Halloween pics!